Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Little Light Bulb

This is my first post for anyone reading. This is also my first blog. My dad's been bugging me to start one for about a week, ever since I got home from girls camp. My summer has been extremely busy so far and I haven't really had any free time. Since being home I've found I have a lot of free time that I've been wasting away on solitaire and virtual websites. Thus, making my dad have me sit down and write out ideas for a blog... I didn't have very many. I couldn't even think of a name, so I've been putting it off for about a week.

One interesting happenstance that has occurred last week, however, is Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog was discovered by my family. It's available on iTunes. There's three episodes and it's very funny. I recommend it to everybody. The point of all of this, though, is that since watching said show my family(mainly my sister, mom, and me) are constantly quoting it. Today my sister, Katie, and I have been incredibly bored. This has led to the demolition of various teen posters we own. While doing so Katie and I also let loose on our vast vocabulary of Dr. Horribleness, until at one point Katie exclaimed "What a crazy random happenstance!". This is when the little light bulb in my head went off and I proceeded inside to share my discovery with my daddy. This was my first idea that he has actually liked. So I sat down on my mom's computer and my blog was born.

I am quite excited to spend hours of my time on this blog and I hope to bring my friends into the time consuming addiction (I knows it's an addiction because both my parents can't stop and are obsessed.)(MOM- http://barnaclebutt.wordpress.com)(DAD- http://jiggyintel.blogspot.com/). Thus ending my first post.

4 comments:

Mom, Dad and Lani said...

WOW! Your Dad is brilliant - how else would we all be able to enjoy yet another of your many talents. I can hardly wait to read your next post. It is a grand thing to follow in your Mom's footsteps.

"TWITCH RULES" says your Papa!

Love you.

Jolene Tolbert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Curiousabouteverything said...

Yikes! Blogs are catching. I'm so excited that you've entered what I now think of as the Fosse Family start-a-blog era. You are so cool. I love your first post and think it's a great happenstance that you decided to take the plunge. Hurry up and post again...so I won't be bored!

Julia said...

Maddie, you write like you speak. I can see you telling me this as I read it, and I love it. We need to get together! I haven't seen you all summer!